How do I connect a pop-up to my MailChimp list?
In this tutorial we’ll connect a pop-up with our MailChimp account and create a custom “Birthday” field to add it to our pop-up.
1. Log in to your MailChimp account and navigate to “Lists” in the top menu.
2. Click the name of the list that you want to use for your pop-up.
If it doesn’t exist yet, create it by clicking “Create List” in the upper right corner.
3. Go to “Settings” and then to “List fields and *|MERGE|* tags”.
4. Scroll down to “Add a Field” button and click it.
In “Select a field type to add:” click “Birthday”.
Fill in “Field label and type” field and select date format below.
5. Go to your WordPress dashboard and open your pop-up’s edit screen.
6. Click “Newsletter” tab in the left-hand panel.
Switch “Save E-mails to:” to “MailChimp”.
Paste your MailChimp API key in the input box and click “Connect”.
7. Select your list from the dropdown.
You will see your MailChimp lists listed below the dropdown.
Note: in the pop-up’s admin panel you can customize only the fields’ placeholders. Go to MailChimp admin panel to change field types and make the fields Required.
Save the pop-up.